The Roman Sail IV is the first of the modern kayak designs to be specifically designed for marathon kayaking.
The outstanding benefits of the Sail IV against other models available in Australia are:
- Superb wash riding - thanks to it's strong keel line and distribution of volume in the hull.
- Unmatched turning - delivered from a flat area and greater volume of hull behind the rudder. This also keeps the tail of the kayak high on a wash and the speed high when coasting.
- Speed - the Sail IV's speed is only limited by your fitness matching the others in straight line speed while putting the rest under pressure around the turns.
- Foot pump - fitted as a standard on all orders.
Kayak size to Athlete weight: Medium (70-80kg), Large (80kg+)
Superelite Marathon approximately 8kg - $5095AUD inc. GST
- Construction: Carbon, PVC core, epoxy resin
Superelite Marathon Ultralight approximately 7.5kg - $5395AUD inc. GST
- Construction: Carbon, PVC core, kevlar, epoxy resin
Stability: 1 (Unstable)
Cockpit dimensions: 92.5cm x 39.5cm